Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A noisy insight into my life!

As I write this, my son John's band, Rogue Poet, are practising. If you look at the, admittedly poor quality, video of a recent band practice below you'll see my middle son, John, on the drums. If you go directly downwards from where John's drums are - through the carpet, underlay, floorboards, joists, ceiling and stippled paint, you'll find me directly below!!

They've just finished practising the song Indie Kid - the track featured on the video - and they're now into the next track. Don't know what it is, but there's a lot of bass and drums, and my study walls, ceiling and I are literally rocking along with them.....but I love it!!!

I've got the first ticket given to the band for the official end-of-tour aftershow party of The Cribs at the Brixton Jamm where Rogue Poet been invited to perform on 22nd February....This will be brilliant exposure for them. Can't miss that - I'm feeling like daddy-cool (and daddy-roadie, daddy-taxi, & daddy-pacify-the-neighbours)!

1 comment:

Taperlight said...

Ack! If I'd have known you were going I wouldn't have turned down the chance of a ticket!!