Monday, January 14, 2008

Music that inspires - 2

Driving in the Highlands of Scotland moves me intensely. I remember one occasion, driving along a road with mountains rearing up on either side. The cassette player was blaring out a selection of Scottish airs through the wide-open windows....and I was in seventh heaven!

The next time I go to Scotland I will be playing the piece that follows - Ashokan farewell. It's got a really Celtic feel, and was featured on a Scottish TV production (sorry about the voiceover right at the end)...but it was actually composed by the American, Jay Ungar, who introduces it, and it is most remembered 'over the Pond' for being the theme tune for an American drama series about the civil war!

I've been listening to it regularly for a number of months, now, and I still love it. See what you think:

No comments: