Friday, January 4, 2008

American dream

For some time I have been following the progress of Barak Obama. And now I am finding myself increasingly caught up in the fervour and fever of the American Presidential election. I eagerly awaited the results of yesterday evening's Iowa caucus and, when I learned of Obama's victory, I was really excited. Then, when I listened to his victory speech I was riveted.

I can't wait for New Hampshire next week!


UPDATE: Tuesday 9th January.

"Surely we've not got another 9 months of this?"

No, Carole's not pregnant, but these were her words to me when I got back into bed at 4.30am this morning and told her about the latest Stateside poll upset. The big mug of tea presented to me in the study just before Carole went to bed earlier had resulted in the inevitable when, at 4am, I made my way to the bathroom! Afterwards, I took the opportunity to creep downstairs and turn the TV on to the CNN Channel, just in time to see the beaming face of Hilary Clinton before she launched into her victory speech (after about 40 'thank you's'). The Obama bounce had been well and truly cushioned! What a fascinating race for the White House this is turning out to be!

Wildlife sightings.

The Kramer Hide, Priory Country Park, Bedford at dawn:

  • 3 little egrets roosting in trees opposite the hide.
  • The incredible sound of a magnificent corvid roost dispersing.
  • Pair of muntjac browsing on the spit opposite.
  • Large pike ‘breaching’ several times.
  • Kingfisher; cormorant fishing in front of hide; gadwall, shoveler & teal.

No comments: